Many people feel sleepy after eating, especially after lunch. This body response is very natural and occurs in almost every human being. Now, to avoid this, you can copy the idea of this anti-sleepy lunch menu at home.
Especially if you have just eaten foods high in carbohydrates, such as rice, noodles, bread, and pasta. Tryptophan-rich foods such as milk and bananas can also bring drowsiness after eating.
Pay Attention to Balanced Food Intake for Lunch
In general, once the food reaches the stomach, your digestive system will absorb its nutrients. For then distributed to parts of the body in need. Most of these substances will be converted into energy used by muscles throughout the body to keep moving.
While the rest will help the body produce and regulate various hormones. Like cholecystokinin and glucagon which trigger a feeling of fullness while increasing blood sugar. And serotonin and melatonin that stimulate drowsiness. This combination of various hormones does not only make you feel sleepy after eating. But it also makes the body weak and tired.
Therefore, it is important for you to pay attention to the lunch menu that contains balanced nutrition. This includes complex carbohydrates derived from vegetables such as potatoes and carrots, grains, and good fats. Not only does it avoid you from drowsiness, it also provides enough sustainable energy. To make you more excited about your day.
Recipe for Anti-sleepy Lunch Menu
Here are three healthy, tasty, easy-to-make home-made anti-sleep lunch menus.
1. Salmon fillet grilled lemon
- 200 gram salmon fillet.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 4 tablespoons of fresh lemon.
- 1 tsp oregano dry.
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- Pepper to taste.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 stump of broccoli that has been cut and set.
- 1 diced and set carrot.
How to make:
- Wash salmon thoroughly, drain.
- Mix olive oil, lemon water, powdered garlic, salt, oregano, and pepper in one container. Mix well.
- Soak the salmon fillets in the container and leave for about 5 minutes until the seasoning permeates.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius for about 10 minutes.
- Prepare a baking pan that has been coated with aluminum foil. Then put the salmon fillet on top.
- Bake salmon fillets for 10 minutes or until they are fully cooked.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and serve together with the broccoli and carrot setup.
2. Rainbow salad quinoa
- 200 gram quinoa.
- 500 ml water / chicken broth.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 1 clove of red onion, cut into small cubes.
- ½ onion, finely chopped.
- 1 lemon, just take the juice.
- 150 grams of button mushrooms that have been sliced.
- 1 large size fresh tomato, discard the contents and cut into cubes.
- Zucchini diced.
- Diced carrots.
- Diced Bengkoang.
- Also diced red and yellow peppers.
- Finely chopped parsley leaves.
- Salt to taste.
How to make:
- Rinse quinoa with running water, then drain.
- Bring the broth or water to a boil in a large pan. Then enter quinoa. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes. After that drain quinoa and wind at room temperature.
- Heat olive oil. Then saute onions, shallots, and mushrooms until a little bit wilted. Then season with salt and pepper to taste. After that, add the juice of lemon, carrot, paprika, zuchinni, and bengkoang. Stir again until blended.
- Turn off the heat and mix stir-fry with the wind quinoa.
- Rainbow salad quinoa is ready to be served.
3. Sauteed chicken carrot fillet
- 250 grams of skinless fillet chicken breast, diced.
- 1 tsp sesame oil.
- 2 tsp cornstarch.
- 1 tsp honey.
- 1½ tsp soy sauce.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 3 cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 red chili (to taste)
- 3 slices of ginger.
- 2 packs of pakcoy.
- 6 medium-sized carrots, peeled and thinly sliced in length like noodles.
- 2 stalk onions, cut into 2-3 cm.
- Olive oil (to taste)
How to make:
- Prepare a container, put the chicken fillet pieces, olive oil, sesame oil, cornstarch, honey and soy sauce. Stir all ingredients until evenly distributed and let stand for about 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on a skillet. Saute garlic, cayenne pepper, red chili, and ginger until fragrant and slightly crisp. Enter the chicken that has been left alone before. Then stir until the chicken side changes color.
- Then put carrot noodles and stir again. After that, enter pokcay and onion. Give a little water.
- Mix well for a few seconds until Pakcoy withers.
- Stir-fried chicken fillet carrot is ready to be served.