If you are tired of buying lunch or often confused when you want to choose. You can try making your own healthy lunch menu from home. A healthy lunch menu can be tailored to your preferences, and is also suitable for your health.
Bringing a healthy lunch from home has its own advantages. Besides being able to save on funds. Planning and making it yourself at home can also maintain the nutritional intake that we get from food.
Various Healthy Lunch Menu Recommendations
Maintaining good nutrition and nutrition is important so that your body stays healthy. When cooking alone, you can adjust the type and level of ingredients that are included in the food.
This is especially important for those of you who have allergies to certain foods. Or are undergoing a diet program, for example a diet for high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease, or diabetes.
If you are still confused about making a healthy lunch menu, here are some recipes that you can practice:
Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 liter of water, bring to a boil.
- 1 medium onion, sliced.
- 2 carrots, chopped.
- 3 celery sticks, sliced.
- 400 grams of chopped tomatoes.
- 80 grams of beans.
- 1½ tbsp tomato paste.
- 80 grams of peas.
- 50 grams of macaroni.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- ½ tbsp of vegetable oil
How to make:
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add onions, carrots, leeks and celery. Saute until sizzling. Reduce the heat of the stove then cover and let it simmer for five minutes.
- Add tomatoes, water, tomato paste, beans and frozen peas.
- Add macaroni, salt and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
Vegetable soup meets the requirements of a healthy diet, because there are many types of vegetables in one meal. Each portion contains 78 kcal with low fat content, which is around 1.9 grams. In addition, this menu is also suitable for vegetarians.
Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 2 Bone and skin chicken breasts.
- 1 small onion, sliced.
- 1 glass of broth.
- ½ lemon, grated the skin and squeeze the water.
- 6 mushrooms, sliced.
- 1 tbsp celery slices.
- Salt, black pepper, and fennel to taste.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
How to make:
- Fry the chicken until it’s golden brown, set aside.
- Saute onions and mushrooms, add broth water. Reduce the heat then add fennel.
- Add grated lemon peel, celery, lemon juice and black pepper. Bring to a boil until the water is reduced by half.
- Put the chicken in the pan. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
This menu is one menu of high protein foods but still not excessive in fat content. With 39.8 grams of protein in one portion. You can get 292 kcal of energy with only 9.7 grams of fat.
Curry Egg Sandwich Recipe
- 2 egg boiled eggs, chopped.
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Chopped red peppers, add 2 tablespoons.
- ¼ teaspoon of curry powder.
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread, broiled.
- ½ cup fresh spinach.
- Then salt and pepper to taste.
How to make:
- Mix eggs, yogurt, paprika, curry powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring until blended.
- Arrange whole wheat bread, spinach and egg mixture. The sandwich is ready to be served.
Natural curry ingredients can add antioxidant compounds to the main ingredients of this menu. With only a handful of curry egg sandwiches, you will get 410 calories of energy.
A nutritionist says that bringing lunch from home makes you fully in control of everything that enters your body. So, do not hesitate to be creative with your lunch menu, or try examples of healthy and nutritious menus above. If necessary, consult a nutritionist to find out the menu that suits your condition.